- 8 chicken wings
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Potato starch, to dredge
- Frying oil, as needed
Sweet Soy Glaze
- ½ cup (100 milliliters) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (50 milliliters) mirin
- ¼ cup (50 grams) sugar
- ¼ cup (50 milliliters) sake
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Toasted white sesame
- Preheat oil to about 160˚C/320˚F.
- Season both sides of the chicken wings with salt and pepper. Coat with potato starch.
- Fry the wings at 160˚C/320˚F approximately 7 minutes.
- Heat oil to about 180˚C/350˚F. Fry the wings until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain them on paper towels. Set aside.
- Make the graze. Combine all the glaze ingredients in a shallow pan and bring it to a simmer. Reduce until thick. Toss in the wings.
- Sprinkle toasted white sesame.