Proverbs 31:30 states, “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised”.
Rosa Parks was the first woman to lie in state in the Capitol rotunda of the United States of America. Mrs. Parks is the first black woman to be chosen to have a statue in Statutory Hall in Washington, D.C. And she is one of the very few women who has had not just one, not just two, but three funeral services. Why was this humble and quiet lady so praised at the end of her life?
How did it all begin? Rosa Parks, who was known by all to be a Christian lady and a woman who had a “meek and quiet spirit”, on a very memorable day in December of 1955, in the segregated city of Montgomery, Alabama, refused to give up her seat to a white man, when asked to get up. Many have said, “she sat down so that we all could stand up.” She was not boisterous, she did not fuss and fight, but won that battle through the “content of her character” and through a Godly and quiet spirit.
After this incident, she lost her job and was persecuted. However, she never said a mumbling word. She never pitched a fit. She never sought the spotlight. And she never tried to profit from her fame. How could Rosa Parks do this? She did it because she knew the Lord, feared the Lord, and served the Lord. And this is why she will forever be “A Woman Praised.”
Rosa Parks made a profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Do you want to know the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour as well? Here’s how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Congratulations on accepting Jesus Christ as your Saviour! You have now accepted the same Jesus Christ that Rosa Parks professed, and you will live with Him forever.
Congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door.” Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!