1. NBC – Fox Business Network has suspended longtime host Charles Payne during an investigation into allegations of “professional misconduct,” a spokesperson said. The “Making Money” host was sidelined Thursday night after the Los Angeles Times first reported allegations of sexual harassment against him, citing two sources familiar with a complaint made by a female political analyst. Payne admitted to a “romantic relationship” with the woman and issued an apology in a National Enquirer story published Wednesday, according to the Los Angeles Times.
2. ABC – An American tourist was beaten to death on Friday after a fight erupted at a bar on an island in Greece, and at least eight people have been arrested in connection with his killing. Bakari Henderson, a 22-year-old recent graduate of the University of Arizona, was at a bar on the Greek island of Zakynthos when a fight broke out with another group of people on Friday around 3 a.m. local time. The fight escalated into a brawl and Henderson was battered to death in the street. Further details on the clash were not immediately clear, but police said it involved two groups of people.
3. BCNN1 – Word of God Fellowship Church in Raleigh, NC, is beginning their two-day tribute to Bishop Frank Summerfield, who died last Sunday, July 2, 2017 at the age of 67. The first Homegoing celebration is being held at Word of God Fellowship Church beginning at 10am on Sunday, July 9th. The second 2nd Homegoing celebration will take place on Monday, July 10th, beginning with the wake from 9am to 11am. The Celebration of Life service will begin at 11am.
4. Northwest Herald – No arrests have been made months after police searched the home of a Huntley, IL, church leader as part of a child pornography investigation, police said. Crystal Lake Deputy Police Chief Derek Hyrkas declined to comment further after he confirmed that the investigation involving Pastor Stephen Foster of Morning Star Church and World Outreach Center in Huntley remained open. Assistant State’s Attorney John Gibbons was not available for comment Friday.
5. AP – Poland’s former president Lech Walesa, a democracy hero, has been hospitalized with heart problems in his Baltic coast home city of Gdansk, his son said Saturday. Jaroslaw Walesa told The Associated Press via text message that his father was feeling “unfortunately weak.” It was not immediately known when he could be discharged from the heart diseases ward of the Gdansk University Clinic.
6. AP – An open-ended cease-fire in southern Syria brokered by the United States, Russia, and Jordan came into effect on Sunday at noon. The agreement, announced Thursday after a meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin, is the first initiative by the Trump administration in collaboration with Russia to bring some stability to war-torn Syria.
7. AP – North Korean state media have sharply criticized a recent practice bombing run by two U.S. B-1B bombers on the Korean peninsula, calling it a dangerous move raising the risk of nuclear war. A commentary Sunday in the ruling party’s Rodong Sinmun newspaper accused the U.S. of “reckless military provocations” and said the danger of nuclear war is reaching an extreme pitch. The commentary was reported on in English by the state Korean Central News Agency.
As you go throughout this day, keep this word in mind: John 14:20 says, “At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.”
John Wesley said, “Humility alone unites patience with love; without which it is impossible to draw profit from suffering; or indeed, to avoid complaint, especially when we think we have given no occasion for what men make us suffer.”
God loves you. He always has and He always will. John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” If you don’t know Jesus as your Saviour, today is a good day to get to know Him. Just believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose from the dead for you. Pray and ask Him to come into your heart and He will. Romans 10:13 says, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Thanks so much for listening and may God bless your day!