Melted Nutella. Need we say more?
Our updated version of hot chocolate is made in a slow cooker, just for kicks, and after cooking, can be kept on the warm setting for one hour.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yield: anout 9 1/4 cups
- Hands On 10 mins
- Slow Cook 5 hrs to 6 hrs (low)
- 8 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup caramel dessert sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
- Whipped cream
- Caramel dessert sauce (optional)
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker whisk together half-and-half, chocolate-hazelnut spread, the 1/2 cup caramel sauce, the cocoa powder and espresso powder.
- Cover; cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, whisking once or twice during cooking if possible, and again before serving.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and, if desired, drizzle with additional caramel sauce.
(Caramel-Hazelnut Cafe Mocha)
Servings Per Recipe 12, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Folate (µg) 6, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, carb. (g) 26, Niacin (mg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, pro. (g) 7, cal. (kcal) 347, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 111, sugar (g) 22, Potassium (mg) 274, calcium (mg) 198, chol. (mg) 70, Thiamin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 15, Riboflavin (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 681, iron (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 25, vit. C (mg) 1
SOURCE: Midwest Living