Bill O’Reilly returned to cable news for an interview with Newsmax TV’s John Bachman on Thursday. During the sit-down, the disgraced former Fox News personality declared his next employer needs to stand up to the “far left” who want to silence him.
Bachman said that a recent poll suggested most of Newsmax’s audience wants the former Fox News star back on television — he then asked O’Reilly for an update on his plans.
“I may come back to television, it depends. We’re living in a pretty vicious age now. Whoever I work for is going to have to have a lot of courage to stop the far left from attacking sponsors and spreading lies about people,” O’Reilly said.
The former “O’Reilly Factor” host continued: “They try to take out Sean Hannity, it’s just really nasty. So, I may come back to television or I may continue on the net.”
O’Reilly was fired from Fox News earlier this year amid sexual harassment allegations. Last month, Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy said he thinks “very highly” of O’Reilly and would be “very open” to hiring him.
Click here to read more.